Some time ago, my web host disabled the server-side script for my Amazon Niche Store due to the large load it was causing on the web server. Unfortunately, this rendered the plugin useless and many Amazon Niche Stores died along with it. I’ve essentially rewritten the entire plugin, making it easier to use and improved its interaction with my server to prevent future issues. I’m proud to announce the Free WordPress Store for Amazon Associates.
The plugin is quite easy to use and can be set up in three simple steps:
- Set up the overall configuration for your store pages
- Create new store pages
- Select which products you want displayed
Store pages and product detail pages are all automatically generated for you, and are set up as regular WordPress pages. The Product Management screens allow you to quickly and easily place the product detail pages into published, draft, or trash status, rather than having to manually do this via the WordPress interface (although you can do that if you wish). You can also easily modify the detailed product descriptions by simply modifying the content of the detail product pages.
- Support for international locales, including: USA, United Kingdom, Canada, France, Germany and Japan.
- Easy creation of store pages and product detail pages at the click of a button
- Easy management of product selection
- Product detail pages are regular WordPress pages, making it easy to update descriptions
- Automatic pagination of store pages
- Ajax loading of paginated store pages, for quick loading and pleasant visitor experience
- Ajax submission and loading of items to the shopping cart
- 1.0.0: Initial Release.
- 1.0.1: Fixed a cosmetic bug with store/cart displaying -1 when refreshed by Ajax.
- 1.0.2: Fixed a critical bug with cart submissions in Firefox and potentially other browsers.
- 1.0.3: Fixed a cosmetic bug with the bottom of the product display boxes being cut off on the store pages.
- 1.1.0: Updated code to add non-Wordpress.org hosted updates.
For more details on using the plugin, be sure to check out the readme.txt included with the plugin.
Similar to the Amazon Niche Store plugin, there is one condition of which you need to be aware. 10% of the time, when your site visitors check their cart, I will replace your Amazon Associates tracking ID with my own. The other 90% of the time your Amazon Associates tracking ID will be used for the cart checkout.
If you do not agree to this condition, then do not download and use the plugin.
- Amazon Store Configuration Page
- Product Management Screen
- Amazon Store Page
- Shopping Cart
- Message Displayed after User Clicks Proceed to Checkout
- Amazon Page that Appears after Shopping Cart is Submitted
If you’d like to see it in action, check out the live demo of the Free WordPress Store for Amazon Associates.
Suggestions and Bugs
If you encounter any bugs with the plugin, or have any suggestions as to how I can improve it, please feel free to post comments here. Before submitting a bug, be sure you have the latest version of the plugin.