Here is my prediction for 2009: In December of 2009, there will be countless blog posts made about predictions for 2010. Technology changes so rapidly that it is very difficult to predict what will happen even within just a year. It may be possible at a very high level, but only those that are actually responsible for its evolution can predict it with any sort of precision.
New and exciting products and services will be introduced, and for me to try to provide any further level of detail would be a futile effort. The companies developing those products and services are capable of predicting the future. However, they will only share their predictions when the future becomes the present and their products come to market.
Nevertheless, it is sometimes fun and interesting to read what others are predicting will take place next year:
- Technosailor: Tech Predictions for 2009
- The Inquisitr: Blogging Predictions for 2009
- shawn farner [dot com]: 5 ballsy social media predictions for 2009
- The Altimeter by Charlene Li: Predictions for 2009
- The Marketing and Technology Blog: 2009 Prediction: Search and Mobile are the Future
- Louis Gray: 10 Predictions for 2009 In the World of Tech
- ReadWriteWeb: 2009 Web Predictions
- VentureBeat: Ten tech predictions for 2009
Happy new year!